Monday, August 21, 2023
1:30pm – 2:30pm
Exclusive Webinar for Mass Senior Care Members
October 1st is rapidly approaching, and the transition from MMQ to MDS and PDPM is significant for Massachusetts providers. The nursing PDPM grouper utilizes a combination of the resident’s functional abilities, acuity, and comorbidities to calculate a case-mix group which will be used to set the Medicaid payment for MassHealth beneficiaries. Facilities will need to review their internal processes to ensure documentation requirements are met while considering reimbursement impact. This webinar will review the documentation requirements as well as best practices to ensure maximum reimbursement and compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Discuss the coding guidelines for the MDS section GG Functional Abilities
- Review the calculation of the nursing function score
- Illustrate the coding guidelines for active diagnoses.
- Outline the documentation requirements for higher acuity diagnoses and treatments.
- Describe best practices for facility systems to ensure compliance with MassHealth and RAI/MDS guidelines.
- Alicia Cantinieri, MBA, BSN, RN, RAC-MT, RAC-CTA, DNS-CT, QCP VP of MDS Policy and Education, Zimmet Healthcare Services Group, LLC, a MSCA Associate Member
- Sally Fetco, LPN, RAC-CT, VP of Clinical Reimbursement Consulting Services, z-Radar
Fee: (Must be paid in full prior to attending webinar)
Mass Senior Care Facility and Corporate Members Only: $30.00
Mass Senior Care must be notified in writing no later than 48 hours prior to the start of the seminar for a credit of equal amount to be issued to your Mass Senior Care account. No refunds will be given. “No Show” attendees will be billed at the full registration fee. Cancellations should be emailed to email@example.com.
Click here to register.