The Massachusetts Senior Care Association is active in representing the legislative and regulatory priorities of the senior care community before the Massachusetts legislature, state and federal agencies, and the United States Congress.
Join thousands of nursing home residents, their family members and staff in urging elected officials to make vital workforce investments for dedicated nursing facility caregivers a priority in this year’s state budget. As we continue to experience an historic workforce crisis, we need your voice to help us respect & protect nursing home caregiver wages.
Each Mass Senior Care member can help by participating in the following steps to help build the essential support needed to promote quality nursing home care. Contact the Mass Senior Care office if you need assistance in scheduling meetings or materials.
- Urge Your Community to Join the Respect and Protect Nursing Home Caregiver Wages Campaign at www.MACallToCare.org
- Attend State House Meetings with Local Elected Officials
- Host a Legislative Breakfast in Your Facility
- Participate in Legislative Action Alerts
- Rally at State House Advocacy Day
Your Elected Officials Need to Hear from You!
Members of the Legislature value their constituents’ opinions and it is critical that we offer them the opportunity to see first-hand the quality care that we provide. Mass Senior Care staff can help you schedule facility tours and provide tips for communicating with elected officials.
- Tips For Communication With Your Legislators
Find several tips to assist you when meeting, calling or writing your legislators. When communicating with your legislators, it is always helpful to be brief, specific and to illustrate how the issue will affect the individuals who reside or work within the legislator’s district.
- Host a Legislative Breakfast or Facility Tour
Events like Legislative Breakfasts or facility tours have proven to be one of the long term care community’s best grassroots advocacy tools. Your facility tour will enable policymakers to meet caregivers and residents while seeing firsthand the daily operations of your facility. We have tips and tools available to help you. Check out our “How To” Guide to Host a Legislative Breakfast at your facility.
- Mass Senior Care Legislative Priorities
- Respect and Protect Nursing Home Caregiver Wages Campaign
- Find My State Legislators
- Find My Election Information
- Find Massachusetts Bills & Laws
Do you want to get involved and need more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.