Yesterday, EOHHS issued a Request for Information (RFI) to solicit relevant information from current licensed long-term care facilities in regard to improving the quality of care in nursing facilities for populations with specific specialized needs by creating rates to enable nursing facilities to meet the specialized needs of the following populations:
- Residents with Behavioral Health needs, including individuals with Serious Mental Illness (SMI)
- Residents with Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) / Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Bariatric residents
- Residents with Substance Use Disorder (SUD), including those who need or are currently on medication for an opioid use disorder (MOUD)
- Residents under the age of 22 seeking long-term care
- Residents under the age of 22 seeking respite care
- Other underserved residents not included in the populations listed above
EOHHS notes that this RFI may result in a Request for Applications (RFA) and/or other appropriate procurement vehicle for nursing facilities serving specialized populations and seeking the enhanced rate.
Mass Senior Care is strongly encouraging members to respond to this RFI for purposes of informing EOHHS of the resources necessary to care for these special populations.
EOHHS requests that RFI responses be submitted by Friday, September 29, 2023, no later than 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Responses should be submitted via email to the following address: EOHHS-Procurement@mass.gov.
Please use this link to access the RFI through COMMBUYS.