AHCA/NCAL has two new online programs in conjunction with Healthcare Academy®. Both programs incorporate a digital competency platform to allow for documentation of live skills demonstration. The digital checklists included in these programs have been designed by industry experts using evidence-based practices to help organizations develop competent and confident staff.
AHCA Requirements of Participation eCompetenciesTM is designed specifically to help skilled nursing facilities comply with F-Tag 726 under CMS’ Requirements of Participation (ROP). The program offers an extensive library of evidence-based skills checklists that allow evaluators to assess and document staff skills in real time.
Videos are included to aid in skill progression and remediation. AHCA ROP eCompetenciesTM is a comprehensive competency tool that is inter-disciplinary and relevant to all facility staff.
The second program is designed for both skilled nursing and assisted living facility staff. The AHCA/NCAL Infection Control Certificate Program features five eLearning modules and five eCompetenciesTM focused on infection control.
eLearning modules designed to provide staff with basic knowledge in the following:
- Infection Prevention and Control for All Staff
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hand Hygiene
- COVID-19: PPE Guidance for Use
Complete evidence-based digital checklists allow evaluators to confirm step-by-step knowledge and skill staff competency for:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Applying and Removing
- Surgical Face Mask: Application and Removal
- N95 Respirator Application and User Seal Check
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Environmental Surfaces
Providers that participate will have access to a marketing toolkit to support their facilities’ need to publicize their commitment to staff education about infection control.
Each program is designed to consistently train and test competency of staff members, and to electronically document staff performance as their learned skills are being evaluated. Reporting functions make it easy to track skill competency by staff member and share that information with state surveyors. The programs can be used on a laptop, iPad, and mobile device.
Both programs are available for purchase by facilities (not individuals) at the following cost for each program:
- AHCA/NCAL Member Pricing for facilities with 0-200 Staff Members per facility: $1,500.00
- AHCA/NCAL Member Pricing for facilities with 201+ Staff Members per facility: $2,000.00
- AHCA/NCAL Non-member Pricing for facilities with 0-200 Staff Members per facility: $2,000.00
- AHCA/NCAL Non-member Pricing for facilities with 201+ Staff Members per facility: $2,500.00
Prices include unlimited facility use for one year from date of purchase. Prices may vary for existing Healthcare Academy clients, so existing clients should check pricing with Healthcare Academy prior to purchase.
For more information about the AHCA ROP e-Competencies Program, go to www.AHCAecomp.com, and go to www.AHCAInfectionControl.com for information about the AHCA/NCAL Infection Control Certificate Program. Please call (866) 323-4169 or email email@example.com if you have questions about either program.