As part of its overall 2021 nursing home rate and restructuring package, EOHHS today announced via a DPH memo that, effective immediately, the Determination of Need Program (DoN) Program will accept applications for new long-term care beds if the proposed project meets all of the following five criteria.
- Project addresses one of the following: MOUD, reducing the risk of homelessness, addressing unmet cultural needs or treating specialized populations;
- Ensuring enhanced infection control measures;
- Reserving some of the new capacity for MassHealth recipients;
- Demonstrating historical quality performance is above average; and
- Addressing of the DoN Health Priorities.
DPH is accepting public comments through October 19, 2020. Comments should be sent to: email@example.com.