On August 30, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) updated an array of subregulatory PDPM materials including:
- PDPM FAQs – Changes in terminology such as 5-Day Assessment now called the Initial Medicare Assessment;
- Patient Classification – Updates Case Mix Indices based on the Final Rule;
- Interrupted Stay – Updates the Interrupted Stay Example;
- Therapy Group and Concurrent – Updates the Definition of Group to 2 – 6 Residents; and
- PDPM ICD-10 Mapping – Updates following the Final Rule Changes.
These materials can be viewed here. Please note that the documents which have been updated have an 8/30/2019 date stamp next to them.