Massachusetts COVID-19 Infection Control Hub
Massachusetts Senior Care Association and Hebrew SeniorLife is leading the Massachusetts COVID-19 Infection Control Hub as part of AHRQ ECHO National Nursing Home COVID-19 Action Network. This a partnership between Agency for Health Research and Quality (AHRQ), the University of New Mexico’s ECHO Institute and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) – providing free training and mentorship to nursing homes across the country to increase the implementation of evidence-based infection prevention and safety practices to protect residents and staff.
National Nursing Home COVID-19 Action Network Program Goals
- Prevent SARS-COV-2 from entering nursing homes where it has not been detected.
- Identify residents and staff who have been infected with SARS-COV-2.
- Prevent the spread of SARS-COV-2 between staff, residents, and visitors.
- Provide safe and appropriate care to residents with mild and asymptomatic cases of COVID-19.
- Ensure staff members have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to implement best-practice safety measures to protect residents and themselves.
- Reduce social isolation for residents, families, and staff during these difficult times.
Resources for Nursing Facility Participants
- MSCA/HSL Orientation Session (October 29, 2020)
- Introductory Sessions (Week of November 2nd)
- ECHO Sessions
- Cohort Team and Schedules
- Curriculum Topics and Weekly Schedules
No teleECHO sessions on the week of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Melissa Leccese, Program Manager.