Nursing facilities across the Commonwealth are getting creative with new ways to celebrate National Skilled Nursing Care Week (NSNCW) while keeping residents and patients safe from the COVID-19 pandemic. Mass Senior Care is pleased to share these positive stories during NSNCW which have been included in local and statewide coverage of dedicated caregivers and the incredible stories of recovery from patients.
Mass Senior Care encourages members to share their positive posts or stories of recovery on social media with us by tagging @MASeniorCare or using hashtag #NursingHomeHeroes. Please visit Mass Senior Care’s Facebook and Twitter.
- Alden Court Nursing Care & Rehabilitation Center in Fairhaven shared a heartwarming recovery video of resident Harriet Spach and her husband of 58 years James Spach. The video posted to facility’s Facebook page shows hallways lined with dancing and clapping staff, balloons, and signs of support as Harriet, 82, is rolled out in a wheelchair to be reunited with James who is waiting for her with flowers. Read the full story in South Coast Today.
- Nurses and staff at Alliance Health at Marina Bay were celebrated and recognized with a car parade led by Quincy police and firefighters. “We are a family here, we are family to the residents as well, and we will be there to care for and support them,” says Kathy Faherty, nurse at the facility. Read the full story in The Patriot Ledger.
- Jenn Rheault, Assistant Director of Nursing at CareOne at Millbury shares her story of personal sacrifices and having to leave her children in the care of grandparents in order to care for residents at the facility. “I want to be here. I come into work every day and provide the best care possible” said Rheault. Read the full story in The Millbury-Sutton Chronicle.
- St. Joseph Manor Health Care in Brockton shared a video of Patricia Joyce, 84-year-old patient celebrating her recovery from coronavirus with sweet dance moves. Watch the coverage on Boston WCVB/Channel 5.
- Webster Manor Rehabilitation & Health Care Center in Webster shared a special celebration outside their facility over the weekend as Marion May, a patient who fully recovered from COVID-19, returns home in time for Mother’s Day. Watch the coverage on Boston WHDH/Channel 7.