Mass Senior Care and provider members having been at the State House meeting with legislators from across the state to urge their support for quality nursing home care. Closing the Medicaid funding gap would allow facilities to make critically needed investments to enhance resident care, offer competitive staff wages and expand the direct care workforce.
It is critical the nursing facility community of staff, residents, family members and vendors unite and amplify our voice to urge the Legislature to support Mass Senior Care’s FY 2021 “Fix It” budget proposal in order to modernize MassHealth’s broken reimbursement system so that it reflects the true cost of caring for our most vulnerable residents.
We urge you to call upon elected officials to support a “fix it” budget for quality nursing home care.
- Promote the Answering the Call to Care Campaign in your facility and ask your colleagues to become an advocate.
- Host a breakfast or schedule a meeting with your State Representative and State Senator.
Mass Senior Care can assist you with scheduling a meeting or provide you with the necessary materials and supports to make your meeting a success!
- Participate in Mass Senior Care’s Advocacy Events and Action Alerts.
- Report back to Mass Senior Care by contacting Jennifer Chen at 617.558.0202.
Please let us know the work you are doing to engage your community and lawmakers.
Mass Senior Care thanks the following members for answering the call to care and joining us at the State House!
- Patrick Arguin, Mary's Meadow of Providence Place
- Rich Bane, BaneCare Management
- Brook Bearse, Oak Knoll Healthcare Center
- David Bell, Meadow Green Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Adam Berman, Legacy Lifecare
- Damian Dell’Anno, Next Step Healthcare
- Cailin Gallego, Alliance Health at Marina Bay
- Bill Graves, South Cove Manor at Quincy Point
- Tom Lavallee, Alliance Health Management Services, LLC
- Michael Medeiros, Athena Health Care Systems
- Pat O'Connor, Life Care Center of Attleboro
- Colin O'Leary, Royal of Cotuit Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Bill Reidt, Life Care Center of Leominster
- Frank Romano, Essex Group Management
- Adam Simoneau, Somerset Ridge Center
- Gil Thisse, Rehab Associates