The 2020 AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program cycle is underway! Application packets are now available online.
Based on the Baldrige Performance Excellence Framework, the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award recognizes long term and post-acute care member centers and communities for quality care.
Participating in the Quality Award Program has many benefits, including:
- It provides a proven framework that organizations can use to make improvements in any clinical, quality or other operational issue (i.e. staff engagement, customer satisfaction, hospital readmissions).
- It prepares organizations to meet regulatory requirements and navigate a changing market.
- It serves as a team building activity to engage staff across all levels of the organization.
- Organizations gain national recognition and external validation for their care and services.
- It serves as a marketing resource for consumers, referral sources and other key stakeholders.
- Participants receive customized feedback with their top strengths and improvement areas.
If you’re interested in other ways to get involved, consider becoming an Examiner for the 2020 program cycle. Examiners play a significant role in reviewing Quality Award applications and impacting quality improvement in organizations across the country.