This seminar is currently sold out. Please contact Mass Senior Care at 617.558.0202 or e-mail LNguyen@maseniorcare.org to be added to the wait list.
Managing the New Survey Process From Entrance to Exit
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Boxboro Regency Hotel & Conference Center, Boxboro
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
(Registration at 8:30 a.m.)
Are you prepared for your next survey under the new CMS revised survey process? Now in effect for nearly eight months, the new survey process has impacted the number and types of deficiencies in Massachusetts nursing facilities and it is critical that providers understand the key components of the process. Join us to hear from the Department of Public Health (DPH) as they walk seminar participants through the steps of the new process from entrance to exit. In addition, DPH will discuss the Complaint survey process including reporting and investigations. Practical information and tips on managing the survey process, complaints, preparing reports and conducting effective investigations will be reviewed.
The program will also include a review of the most frequently cited deficiencies under the new survey process and the rationale behind them.
At the conclusion of the program, attendees will be able to:
1. Understand the key components of the new survey process;
2. Describe and understand the state and federal requirements for reporting and handling complaints and grievances; and
3. Recognize the most commonly cited deficiencies and the reasons for the citations.
- Michelle Bramante, Certification Unit Manager, Department of Public Health, Division of Healthcare Facility Licensure & Certification
- Cathy Congo, North Regional Manager, Department of Public Health, Division of Healthcare Facility Licensure & Certification
- Sherman Lohnes, Director, Department of Public Health, Division of Healthcare Facility Licensure & Certification
- Helen Magliozzi, Director of Regulatory Affairs, Massachusetts Senior Care Association
- Beth Scheffler, Complaint Unit Manager, Department of Public Health, Division of Healthcare Facility Licensure & Certification
Target Audience: Administrators, Director of Nurses, Quality Improvement Staff, Nurse Managers
Fee: $150 for Mass Senior Care Members $250 for Non-Members
A continental breakfast and lunch is included.
CEUs: 5.5 - The Massachusetts Senior Care Association has qualified for “deemed status #NH-09015-007” from the Board of Registration of Nursing Home Administrators for Administrators. This program also meets continuing education requirements for Nurses in Massachusetts. Application for social work continuing education credits has been submitted. All paid seminar attendees will receive certificate of attendance.
*Mass Senior Care must be notified no later than 24 hours prior to the seminar start time for a credit of equal amount to be issued to your Mass Senior Care account. Refunds will not be given and “No Show” attendees will be billed at the full registration fee.
Boxboro Regency Hotel & Conference Center
242 Adams Place
Boxboro, MA 01719