We hope that you were able to find the consumer information you were looking for on www.maseniorcare.org, but we understand that sorting through your options can sometimes be difficult and confusing. We encourage you to contact Mass Senior Care (1-800-CARE-FOR) if you have other questions or concerns and to also explore these additional senior care resources:
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, which funds health care for older adults and people with disabilities, has published a comprehensive guide to selecting a nursing facility on its Nursing Home Compare Webpage (click on the link entitled ‘Medicare Guide to Choosing a Nursing Home’ to read).
- The Alzheimer’s Association Helpline provides 24 hour/day support and information on Alzheimer’s disease. Questions submitted online will be answered during business hours, Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm. For 24-hour support, please call 800-272-3900.
- 1-800-AGE-INFO is a service provided through a partnership between the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs and the Mass Home Care Association. The website serves as a resource for finding information about elder services. You may also call 1-800-AGE-INFO. (1-800-243-4636). TDD/TTY 1-800-872-0166.
- Family Caregiver Alliance, founded in 1977, was the first community-based nonprofit organization in the country to address the needs of families and friends providing long-term care at home. FCA now offers programs at national, state and local levels to support and sustain caregivers.
- The Family Caregiver Handbook published by MIT Workplace Center is a “gateway” to key elder care organizations across the Commonwealth, providing telephone numbers, locations and website addresses so that caregivers can find the most appropriate resources closest to their own community.
- The Massachusetts Family Caregiver Support Program offered through the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs, empowers elders and caregivers by providing information, education, support, and services that enhance quality of life.
- A Guide to Nursing Home Care is a brochure developed by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health as a reference to important information about nursing home care and regulations.
- If you are looking for information regarding senior care resources outside of Massachusetts, please contact one of the other State Long Term Care Associations.
- Culture Change Fact Sheet