As the state’s largest and oldest senior care professional organization, Mass Senior Care knows how important it is to find the right health care and support services for an older adult or person with disabilities. Many resources are available to provide you with the information you need.
Mass Senior Care Fact Sheets: The Massachusetts Senior Care Association represents a profession that serves over 120,000 seniors and people with disabilities and their families each year. Our Fact Sheets detail important information about the care provided in Mass Senior Care facilities.
Senior Care Resources:
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, which funds health care for older adults and people with disabilities, has published a comprehensive guide to selecting a nursing facility on its Nursing Home Compare Webpage (click on the link entitled ‘Medicare Guide to Choosing a Nursing Home’ to read).
- The Alzheimer’s Association Helpline provides 24 hour/day support and information on Alzheimer’s disease. The Helpline staff can help if you or a family member or friend has Alzheimer's disease or dementia. Helpline also assists health care professionals link to treatment information and options for care. Questions submitted online will be answered during business hours, Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. For 24-hour support, please call 800-272-3900.
- 1-800-AGE-INFO is a service provided through a partnership between the Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs and the Mass Home Care Association. The website serves as a resource for finding information about elder services. You may also call 1-800 AGE INFO. (1-800-243-4636). TDD/TTY 1-800-872-0166.
- Family Caregiver Alliance, founded in 1977, was the first community-based nonprofit organization in the country to address the needs of families and friends providing long term care at home. FCA now offers programs at national, state and local levels to support and sustain caregivers.
- The Family Caregiver Handbook published by MIT Workplace Center is a “gateway” to key elder care organizations across the Commonwealth, providing telephone numbers, locations and website addresses so that caregivers can find the most appropriate resources closest to their own community.